Yesterday brought us a lot of new readers as Bangkok is in the news. We keep adding content and will continue, so it may be good to explain what it is that we do and dispel some myths as well.
What We Do:
- Gather and create materials about History (specifically the Holocaust and human rights right now.) We want materials that are either friendly to people learning English or that are in Thai language. (The Ministry of Education in Thailand has stated that they do want to expand History learning about these issues in schools.)
- We are trying to bring awareness of the issues of multiculturalism and the value of Humanities in Education. We try and make our campaigns accessible and culturally relevant.
- We engage people in discussions in an empathic, reasonable and respectful way.
- We advocate against the spread of hate speech. We ask large companies (like YouTube, Amazon) to not proliferate hate speech.
What We Don't Do:
- We do not lobby for any changes in laws.
- We do not advocate censorship. While we ask large companies not to not allow hate speech, we do not target small websites that are for an audience that wants to share hate speech.
- We are not targeting small extremist groups that advocate for hate. We also feel that people should be able to browse popular websites and be free from hate speech and bullying.
- We do not take sides on political issues outside of our mission and our mission and campaigns are focused and specific.
What Can You Do?
- Share, like and follow online. Our social media sites are on the top right of the page.
- In your daily life, respectfully discuss why using Hitler and Nazi metaphors and references are inappropriate and in the vast majority of issues.
- Do you have something to share with us? Please do!
- Thai language materials about History and the Holocaust- books to recommend, websites that are good teaching tools and lesson plans to share on the website
- Photos of Nazi chic things you see in Thailand. If you can include where you saw it and as much detail as possible, we appreciate it.
- Your thoughts, feedback and anything else you think we should know. We ♥ learning new things!
Our final thought for today: